Getting to Know Ryn Hughes with Delphi Rose Editing
A while back I had the opportunity to have a skype chat with Ryn Hughes of Delphi Rose as part of our Getting to Know you Series. You may not know her name, but you've probably read a book she has edited with her company DelphiRose. She has a great love of books, a respect for the authors she works with, and a really nifty accent. Hope you enjoy the interview.
Introduction by Avery Quinn
Ryn is a twenty-eight year old married, mother of two beautiful boys and Stepmom to a gorgeous ‘tween’ girl. Having grown up in the UK, she moved to Australia early in 2010. Ryn took a break from her career in Child Protection but found her true calling in 2012 when she began her journey towards becoming a Book Editor. In January 2013 Delphi Rose was opened and I couldn't be prouder of her.
Some interesting things you might like to know about Ryn are:
- She can ALWAYS be bribed with cake. There are NO exceptions to this rule
- She LOVES coffee (she also likes tea, but I’m pretty sure they take away your British passport if you don’t!) and cannot function without many, many cups; much to the dismay of her Personal Trainer!
- Ryn has a BAD habit of singing along (very loudly) to her iPod. She also accompanies this singing with very, very bad eighties-esque dance moves. However, do not ever attempt to stop her from doing either as she WILL rope you in (I am speaking from experience here!).
- One of her great loves is running. She sustained an injury last year which put her out for a few months, but she loves nothing more than putting on her headphones and treating the wildlife to her abysmal (sorry Ryn!) singing whilst pounding the pavements.
- Ryn has three tattoos; the most recent of which is a quill on the inside of her left wrist. I won’t tell you where the others are!?
- Ryn LOVES to talk… no further explanation needed.
- Ryn is one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. She is one of my best friends and truly one of life’s beautiful people.
Visit Ryn at